Monday, January 15, 2007

What would programmers do when they are bored?

Well, nothing much to do these days since I spent all my vacation doing other things.
I actually started to code a C API for kpkg, which will be finished in an unknown future. :P
As I have also fixed some bugs in kpg I released a new version "2.3" which is a bug fix release.

See the release notes here: Releas notes
And get the package here: Download kpkg 2.3 at berlios.de

To come back to the original question... Well, this is very tricky, since we should do things normal people normally do. In this case "no computer related things". But, ok, people know, programmers are very weird, so when we are boring we do the opposite, which in this case would be "computer related things". :P

So... What have I done? I improved my "IDE", and it is quoted because it's actually vim only. So, how can someone improve vim? Simple! By just reading some of these books: http://iccf-holland.org/click5.html
Or if you don't want to spend your money on that, you can actually learn vim with :help inside of vim.
So, this is my new vimrc file, there's nothing very weird on it, only a set of templates, some options and options to compile simple projects and full autotools projects.

I hope you enjoy it and of course, take whatever you need from it:

I hope you enjoy it and of course, take whatever you need from it:
http://dcortarello.googlepages.com/vimrc

No comments: